Electrical safety for kids
Electrical safety tips for kids
- Never put your fingers or other things in an electric outlet
- Metal objects are not allowed on toasters
- Never use or put a cord or plug in water
- Never pull on a plug or yank it by its cord
- Stay away from panels and power lines
- Don’t climb on power poles
- Never fly kites near power lines
- Stay away from broken or damaged power lines
- Never climb trees or tocuh trees that are near power lines
- Never touch big, metal transformer boxes with warning signs
- Obey all warning signs
Child proofing your home
Keep curious kids safe from the temptation to stick foreign objects into outlets or plugs.
- Unused wall outlets should be secured.
- If you’re using extension cords, hide them behind furniture or under a rug. You can also put electrical tape over unused plug holes on cords.
- Put electrical devices on a shelf out of reach, or use a barrier.
- Store bathroom and kitchen electrical appliances out of reach of curious children using child proof locks and devices.
- Use tamper proof outlets and GFCIs.
At Cables and Volts we are here for any inquiry you may have. If you have any questions about the safety of your children in your home with your current electrical solutions you can Contact Us. We are here for more than just your electrical needs.
Call today (336) 250-2575 or get a Free Quote
Electrical Contractor serving Rowan County: Salisbury, Spencer, East Spencer, Landis, Faith, China Grove, Rockwell, Granite Quarry and Cleveland NC.